Estonian company registration - quick view
Company in a day - VAT ID in a week - Bank account activating in 3 - 20 days
0% corporate income tax
There are practically no limitations who can start a company in Estonia. No local shareholder or board member required. You can also avoid contribution of minimum share capital (2500 EUR). Easiest way to start is to use professional assistance.
Every company we create has start account in Swedbank. However - due to recent changes related to KYC (Know Your Client) procedures - it is not possible to activate bank account without providing proper data about related person(s) and planned business transactions. Activating or opening bank account is not any more guaranteed. Reality is that practically all clients get account opened/activated if they provide required data.
From the end of 2016 Estonian tax authorities changed their practice related to VAT ID registration. Since then negative answers are very rare and caused mainly because of not sufficiant data about planned business provided to tax authorities.
Most of our clients use (our) online accounting system to issue their sales invoices. This makes communication between accountant and client very easy and effective. In case of VAT ID tax returns and accounting must be done monthly bases. Otherwise usually it is enought to do it once per year with the annual report.
In Estonian company income is not taxed (except VAT, if there is any). Only certain costs (dividend, salary, fringe benefit) are taxed. It means as long as Estonian company has no taxable (out) payments there is no taxation at all.
7 simple steps
Buy ready made company
Have a registered address
Open/activate bank account/internetbanking
Register VAT ID
Start online accounting system
Our team has offered company formation and accounting services since 1991. We have created ca 5000 companies and provided accounting services for more than 500 companies.
Basic facts about Estonian company
- 100% foreign ownership and directorship allowed
- Minimum share capital 2500 EUR (no need to deposit it into bank account)
- Company transfer in 1 day (ready-made company)
- Minimum 1 shareholder and 1 director (can be any person 18 year and older)
- 0% corporate income tax on undistributed profit
- 20% corporate income tax only upon distribution
- No withholding tax on profit distribution
What data and documents we need to start
- The name of the company or a name from the list of ready-made companies
- Company main activity
- E-mail address of the company
- Shareholders/directors passport copies, home addresses and e-mail addresses
Why to start
- 100% Europe - 0% income tax
- Excellent framework for business in EU
- Advanced digital public services
- Low bureaucracy and clear rules
- Well-functioning banking system
- Low startup and maintenance costs
- No withholding tax if dividends paid
- Easy exit