Visa invitation services
Many of our clients, who need a visa to visit Estonia/EU, manage to get a visa by themselves. However, for business travels you may need supporting documents proving the purpose your travels. In case you need a visa invitation from us we are ready to assist you, if you have created a company in Estonia with our assistance and paid for our services in full.
1. Where and when can I apply for my visa?
In order to apply for a visa, please submit the visa application in your country of residence to Estonian representations handling visa applications or to other Schengen State representing Estonia in short stay Schengen visa matters.
The visa application should be submitted to the representation 15 days prior to your planned travels, but not earlier than 3 months.
2. What type of visa do I need?
It is not possible to apply for a purpose bounded visa like business visa, study visa or tourist visa.
Usually our clients apply for the Type C visa which is issued for transit through or an intended stay in the territory of the Schengen States of a duration of no more than 90 days within the period of 180 days.
3. What documents do I need to apply?
Applying in an Estonian representation handling visa applications.
- a valid travel document which is issued within previous 10 years, contains at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa;
- a filled in and signed application form;
- photo (required size 35x45 mm);
- Insurance policy valid in Schengen countries with a coverage of at least 30.000 EUR for the entire duration of stay in the Schengen area;
- supporting documents:
- documents indicating the purpose of your journey;
- documents in relation to accommodation or proof of sufficient means to cover your accommodation;
- documents indicating that you possess sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to your country of origin or residence (94 EUR for each day in Estonia);
- information which enables to assess your intention to leave the Schengen area before the expiry of the visa.
4. What are the needed supporting documents for business travels?
This list of supporting documents is non-exhaustive and provides examples of possible supporting documents:
- written confirmation from the company organizing the meeting, conference, etc.
- documents that prove the existence of business ties
- invitations/tickets to a fair or seminar
- documents that certify the applicant’s connection to or status in a company
As the list is non-exhaustive, the requirements for supporting documents may differ depending on the representation, especially when applying in another Schengen state representing Estonia. Just let us know to which representation you are planning to go and we can assist you further.
5. Does the visa invitation count as a supporting document?
Estonia has waived a visa invitation requirement, which means it is not necessary to present an invitation approved by Estonian authorities. Therefore, the visa invitation counts as a supporting document to prove your business travels.
6. How long does it take to process the visa application at the consulate?
Applications shall be decided within 15 calendar days of the date of the lodging of an application, which is admissible or according to the Visa Facilitation Agreements. The period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed. Exceptionally, when additional documentation is needed in specific cases, the period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days.
You may find more information on The Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.